Sunday, January 23, 2011

Front Suspension Finished

I received the missing front stabilizer linkages this week (along with a bunch of other new bits for the engine and gear box). I set about to finish the suspension off by fitting the stabilizer linkages. I started on the right hand side, and along with everything else on the right hand side of this chassis so far, it was to tight to fit on the lower wishbone. So I set up the left side first with no dramas, adjusting the linkage length to given clearance over the steering tie rod and away from the coil spring. Once that was fitted I went back to the right side. I decided to machine down the threaded tube that fits into the wishbone rather than trying to widen the bracket, which would of damaged the powder coat on the frame. Once I knocked about 1.5mm of the tube, everything went together nicely. From here I adjusted and tightened the block connectors on the stabilizer bar, and then tightened the retaining rings on the stabilizer bar near the mounting blocks. The bolts on the mounting blocks will be tightened later. 


I finished the day by doing a "rough" camber and toe in set up on the front end, and installing the disc pads and pad retaining bolts in the front calipers.  Front end done!

No comments:

Post a Comment