Sunday, September 30, 2012

Registered

During the week the car had its final inspection, the Blue Slip inspection which is a  safety inspection for unregistered cars. From here it was a simple matter of organising third party insurance, and then heading off to the RMS with all the paperwork.

An hour or so later I was handed the rego papers and the custom plates I had ordered (after handing over A LOT of money). I was finally registered!!!

I headed home and mounted the plates and stuck the label on the screen! I then headed out for my first little "fully legal" drive. It was nice not having to constantly watch for police. Even though I had previously been on the UVP stickers, driving without plates has a certain risk to it.

So now I am finished, properly! I have assembled, engineered and registered a car that is both drivable, safe and fairly quick. Its been almost a year since the first engine start, when I expected to have the car finished in 6 weeks after the engine was running.

So now I have summer to enjoy driving it, in fact I am about to head out for my first real drive down the coast with a few friends.


I need to thank my wife and kids for their patience and help with building the car and fulfilling a dream! I am very lucky. I also want to thank a few people who have helped with build tasks or advice -  thank you Steve, Dave, Maurice, Bryn, Andrew and Greg and Sonja from Redback Motorsports.  I also want to give a huge thank you to my engineer, Treeve from Kernow Engineering who did an amazing job with the certification.

I would say THE END, but I think this is just the beginning of a new chapter. I will post more about the driving and about the upgrades that are sure to follow.


1 comment: